[A51] Ready to copy tables
demian sims
2016-05-01 13:53:03 UTC
I followed the instructions on the
http://frostyhacks.blogspot.com/2015/04/gsm-wtf-bbq.html blog and prepared
a formated 2 TB drive ready for Tables. The only difference is that I have
a Rainbow Table drive from Hacker Warehouse which has a folder named
DRIZZLECHAIR. So I have that drive and the formated drive. What's next in
the procedure. Do I copy the Hacker Warehouse drive over to the bland 2 TB
drive? What command do I use for this?
Jan Hrach
2016-05-01 19:37:42 UTC
If you already have .idx, it is probably ready to go.
If you have .dlt, you need to do TableConvert. See https://brmlab.cz/project/gsm/deka/deka-admin#installing_tables (it's documentation for Deka, but the installation step is the same for Kraken)
GPG CD98 5440 4372 0C6D 164D A24D F019 2F8E 6527 282E
Demian Sims
2016-05-01 22:46:10 UTC
On the Tables HD there's a folder named DRIZZLECHAIR and 4 other folders. The items in the DRIZZLECHAIR folder end with 'idx'. What more is needed?

Sent from my iPhone
Jan Hrach
2016-05-01 23:14:11 UTC
.idx (40 files, 40 MB each) and installed tables (extension vary, 40 files, 40 GB each).
--
Jan Hrach | http://jenda.hrach.eu/
GPG CD98 5440 4372 0C6D 164D A24D F019 2F8E 6527 282E
demian sims
2016-05-01 23:51:18 UTC
This was the message I received from Hacker Warehouse. Not sure what is
needed now:

"The tables are complete and ready to go from a general aspect. But if
you wanted to use the kraken code, you will need a raw disk and use the
script on the drive to copy the tables directly to disk. It doesn't
search by files it searches by raw indexes."
Post by Demian Sims
On the Tables HD there's a folder named DRIZZLECHAIR and 4 other
folders. The items in the DRIZZLECHAIR folder end with 'idx'. What more is
needed?
Post by Demian Sims
Sent from my iPhone
Post by Demian Sims
Haslinger Daniel
2016-05-02 00:28:43 UTC
On 02 May 2016, at 01:51, demian sims <***@gmail.com<mailto:***@gmail.com>> wrote:

This was the message I received from Hacker Warehouse.
Not sure what is needed now: ... [SNIP]

So it basically said: You wanna use kraken (or deka)? - you gotta
write the tables to the raw disk(s).

Just follow these steps:

a) Get your empty drive hooked up. Let's assume it's at /dev/sdc
in this example - but be sure to look up what you have before
you continue. Copy pasting with non-matching device path will
mess around with your systems and hurt your feelings.
You've been warned!

b) Grab a copy of kraken (e.g. from git://git.srlabs.de/kraken)

c) Go to kraken/indexes

d) copy tables.conf.example to tables.conf

e) edit tables.conf to your needs - with only one disk, it will result
in the following line:

Device: /dev/sdc 40

f) Go to kraken/TableConvert and make it.

g) The easiest way (in my opinion) is now to use the script
"Behemoth.py" in kraken/indexes to start the process.

You will first have to uncomment line number 107, otherwise
it won't work :)

then you start it, passing the tables.conf

This will take a long time now, be prepared to get some cups .. no ..
CANS of coffee. But you will be informed of any progress.

As soon as everything is completed, you'll end up with 40 "idx" files
in your indexes folder, as well as with additional entries in your tables.conf.

If you plan to use deka:

you will edit delta_config.h by hand, which is a nightmare :-)
If you plan to use deka, I can send you a little shell script that will generate
the delta_config.h from scratch, using the information from your tables.conf.

hope that helps,

Daniel

/)/)
demian sims
2016-05-02 01:23:24 UTC
Great! So just to be clear, I have one HD with 2 partitions (sdb1 = 4.7G
and sdb2= 1.8T). This partition was made when I followed the instructions
at f http://frostyhacks.blogspot.com/2015/04/gsm-wtf-bbq.html

The HD with Tables on them are listed as sdc1.

How do get the Tables on sdc1 to copy over to sdb2?

/)/)
demian sims

/)/)
Jan Hrach
2016-05-04 17:50:52 UTC
TableConvert di 100.dlt /dev/sdb2:0 100.idx
It will tell you how many bytes were written. Compute N = ceil(total_bytes * 4096) and run

TableConvert di 108.dlt /dev/sdb2:N 108.idx
etc. for all tables

Note the block offsets (the block on which each table starts) and put them in the configuration.

This is basically what the Behemoth script does. It may be easier to use Behemoth.
Hi All,
Post by demian sims
[...]
*
*