The latest?
demian sims
2016-04-11 19:38:16 UTC
Hey Everyone,

I have not tried to climb the GSM A5/1 mountain in a long time. I have a HD
with rainbow tables here just itching to go to work. What's the latest in
'user friendly' developments as far as capturing and decoding? I notice
there's some software called Topguw. Any others out there besides the usual
receiver, wireshark and kraken combo?

Thanks,
Jan Hrach
2016-04-11 21:32:08 UTC
I use gsmtk, a wrapper around osmocom-bb, for sniffing https://brmlab.cz/user/jenda/gsm
And Deka for cracking https://brmlab.cz/project/gsm/deka/start

I have not tried any SDR-based sniffer so far.
Post by demian sims
Hey Everyone,
I have not tried to climb the GSM A5/1 mountain in a long time. I have a HD with rainbow tables here just itching to go to work. What's the latest in 'user friendly' developments as far as capturing and decoding? I notice there's some software called Topguw. Any others out there besides the usual receiver, wireshark and kraken combo?
Thanks,
GPG CD98 5440 4372 0C6D 164D A24D F019 2F8E 6527 282E