Hacker Warehouse
Yaniv Sharon
2015-12-14 10:16:20 UTC
Hello All!

I want to order the http://hackerwarehouse.com/product/rainbow-tables-hdd/

Someone can tell me more details for beginners like me? :-)

1. the files are ready for use or I will be need to do manipulation on them
/ copy them to another drive?
2. all the tools for A5.1 deciphering are included?
3. what is the computer hardware that I need?
4. that solution from Hacker Warehouse is considered as the "best" ?

Really thanks.
Jan Hrach
2015-12-15 20:33:58 UTC
1) No, you need to convert them to delta format that the cracker understands and generate indexes.
2) No.
3) Preferably SSD and OpenCL capable GPU.
4) I don't know, but I consider my cracker and keystream guesser are the best :-)
https://brmlab.cz/user/jenda/gsm
https://brmlab.cz/project/gsm/deka/start
GPG CD98 5440 4372 0C6D 164D A24D F019 2F8E 6527 282E
Yaniv Sharon
2015-12-16 07:00:38 UTC
So what is the .dlt and .idx files that on that hard drive?
In any case I will be need to convert them?

So in any case I will be need another 2TB hard drive on my local machine to actually work with?

need your help here guys...
I have the opportunity to buy from Hacker Warehouse in US and save the 80$ shipment to my country...

Jan Hrach
2015-12-16 10:59:22 UTC
Post by Yaniv Sharon
So what is the .dlt and .idx files that on that hard drive?
There are only .dlt. The .idx are generated during conversion.
Post by Yaniv Sharon
So in any case I will be need another 2TB hard drive on my local machine to actually work with?
Yes (well, you can try to convert them one-by-one in-place, but that is risky and the external drive is terribly slow anyway).
Yaniv Sharon
2015-12-16 11:40:42 UTC
Jan,

wait a sec,

are you sure that we are discussing about the product that HackerW offering?
Because there is .idx files in that hard drive.. Loading Image...

In any case, as a beginner, and because I don't know yet what I need (I will, but in the future)
And I have the chance to buy it,
This tool from HackerW is the "smartest" choice to buy right now?

That’s it... :-)

Haslinger Daniel
2015-12-16 12:03:03 UTC
Yaniv,

the "standard" way to deal with those rainbow tables (at least what WE always did)
is:

1) Obtain the DLT files (either by buying a harddrive with them or via bittorrent).
2) Write them RAW without filesystem to target harddrives (the more, the better, to speed things up).
3) During this process, IDX files will be created that point kraken to the right location
(basically they are lookup tables that know where on the RAW disks which DLT part is stored).

So without ever having seen the hackerwarehouse - "rainbow tables hdd":

If it contains the DLT files, they are most probably meant to be written to another (set of) HDD(s),
and the IDX files should not be there as they are created by behemoth.py :)
Because there is .idx files in that hard drive.. http://3i2kbu3p64zdryox2qp5q43na.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/a51.png
Yaniv Sharon
2015-12-16 13:46:45 UTC
Ok...i think that I'm starting to understand...

The most important to have is the .DLT files.
After that we need to "mount" them on our system (write in RAW...create IDX)
basically, to another machine with "total space" of 2TB...i hope that I understand correctly...

1. let's assume that I have Kraken/Win32...Can I mount the .DLT files to Win32 system?
2. those .DLT files (will be happy if u take a look at the HDD of HackerW) are the old and well known "Berlin Tables"?

Thanks...

Haslinger Daniel
2015-12-16 14:01:55 UTC
Post by Yaniv Sharon
The most important to have is the .DLT files.
Yeah, they basically contain the raw hashes.
Post by Yaniv Sharon
After that we need to "mount" them on our system (write in RAW...create IDX)
"Mounting" them is not what you usually do here - you write them directly to
a couple of raw rainbow-table-disks. Since a filesystem is not needed but the
disk itself is used, this means basically dd-ing the stuff to the device(s). After that,
since you don't have a FS in place, you're not going to mount anything. Kraken will
use the IDX files that are generated to scratch around on your rainbow-table-disks.
Post by Yaniv Sharon
basically, to another machine with "total space" of 2TB...i hope that I understand correctly...
Aye.
Post by Yaniv Sharon
1. let's assume that I have Kraken/Win32...Can I mount the .DLT files to Win32 system?
Uh ... actually I'm always referring to Linux setups and I don't know anything about
A5/1 cracking on Win32 systems. Sorry. Maybe everything is a little different there, so
YMMV.
Post by Yaniv Sharon
2. those .DLT files (will be happy if u take a look at the HDD of HackerW)
are the old and well known "Berlin Tables"?
In regard to the names of the DLT files: yes.

As far as I understand the offer on hacker warehouse, it's just a more
convenient way to get the rainbow tables, since retrieving them using bittorrent
may take quite some time depending on your bandwidth and general torrent health
(number or seeders).

If you happen to travel through Austria / near Vienna with a 2 TiB Disk in your backpack,
feel free to visit and copy the tables from our storages. Not only it's free but comes with
a free cup of coffee and chatting :-P
Yaniv Sharon
2015-12-20 10:33:13 UTC
HDD Ordered.

Thank you guys for all the help (and to Daniel for the visit invitation :-)

First when I will get the HDD I will back it up and explore it.

Cheers!