GSMmap.org updated
Karsten Nohl
2016-02-02 06:30:40 UTC
Dear Friends of Mobile Network Security,

We are happy to announce an update of GSMmap: https://gsmmap.org/

1. New countries added
- North Korea
- Macedonia
- Paraguay
- Togo
- Yemen

2. Many countries improved
- Newly uploaded data integrated
- More aggregation in countries with many MNC’s per network such as India and the USA
- Disentangled networks that share a RAN (that is: use the same base stations) such as in Sweden and Norway

Generally, the trend in almost all countries is positive. Slowly, we are seeing reasonable security being implemented.

Thanks so much to everybody who contributed data! [1]

Your -SRLabs mobile security team

[1] You can contribute, too, from your Android phone: https://opensource.srlabs.de/projects/snoopsnitch
wangpalm